Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Grace and Peace - Boy did I need it.

Its been a little while since my last post due to some rather upsetting things happening at home. I apologise for this.

When I picked up this rather huge stamp which was a bargain at only $6 ... here is the direct link to it http://www.biblicalstamps.com/proddetail.php?prod=37803

I sat and read it and smiled... I forgot to take everything to Him... He offers Grace and Peace as a promise and I decided that I would make up a wall hanging to remind me..


I used  Pretty Paper, white stamping card-stock and some rather delicious Dies.

The Stamp works a treat. I sometimes have problems with large stamps that only stamp in places or over stamp in other sections.. this one works a dream!!! it is soooo deeply etched that I stamped once and that was the image I got.... in perfection and without a single smudge, miss stamp or smear.

Some things in life really make me smile!! and working stamps are the best things EVER!!!

I stamped the image using Memento Ink in tuxedo black onto white cardstock. used Stormy Sky mixed with Peeled paint Distress ink pad  to colour the edge and mounted it onto the back layer... the result is this.... I LOVE IT

I added some small flowers to the edges too in white. I was going to make it as my Bible marker but worried that I would forget it was there and would be tucked away until I picked up that particular page I had marked.

Here is a close up at a jaunty angle ;) I love a jaunty angle lol...


Karen xx


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty. Hope all is well at home and you will find more time for your creative outlets.

    ReplyDelete