Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Papa's Birthday Gift

Hi there. Today is my dad's birthday, so I wanted to make him something special. A couple years back, I went to a convention and volunteered, therefore getting all sorts of free stuff! So...one of the things I had picked up was a set of mini board books. Well, I have only used 1 of them in the past couple years. I decided to pull another one out for my dad's birthday gift. I started by using the Lg. Scribble Heart stamp from Biblical Impressions.


Something neat about this image is it comes in 3 different sizes, so if the one I showed here is too big for your needs, there are 2 smaller sizes. For this project, I stamped the heart using versamark, and embossed it with Sticky Powder. Next, I used some of the rub-on foils that are available from our sister company QKR Stampede. The first time I played with the rub-on foils was at the convention in August. They really are pretty neat to play with. While playing, one of the customers asked what would happen if you "re-heat" the foils after you put them on. Well for kicks, I tried it that day. One thing we did notice was it raises it up just a little bit. So I did that this time with this heart. I then took the finished heart and layered it onto the cover of the book. The words on the bottom are stickers. ALl the papers and stickers came with the books as a set. I did add something to the first page, but that was as far as I got...lol. I thought I would give it to my dad, and have him show me what photos he wants in there, and I will then add them.


Well that is all for now. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your Dad is going to love this gift. Love how the heart turned out, that rub on foil is pretty cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete